Chambre d'hôtes Train Bleu
Maison d'hôtes - Paris - Les coteaux
You'll find in Blue Train bedroom :
- a bed of 160 cm with a very high quality of mastress,
- braid and pilow case for allergic people,
- finery of sheets with homemade broderie,
- towels with homemade broderie,
- free wi-fi,
- valet and chair,
- 2 spaces to hung,
- private toilets with access from the bedroom,
- bathroom with shampoo, soap,
- 2 single beds for children,
- les petits déjeuners faits maison sont offerts,
- le ménage des chambres & sanitaire est fait toutes les 2 nuits, avec changement des serviettes.
Blue train is a luxury train, born in 1922 with 'Compagnie des wagons-lits' going from Calais (with transfert to England) and Vintimille via : Paris, Dijon, Marseille, Toulon, Saint-Raphaël, Cannes, Juan-les-Pins, Antibes, Nice, Monaco, Monte-Carlo, Menton : Starting in 1922, and first called "Calais-Méditerranée-Express", it was called by people "Blue train" (that will become its official name in 1947) because of the colour of its luxury sleeping cars : blue and gold. Used exclusively by rich people because it had restaurant car, bar car. Everything was sophisticated and Blue train became wellknown.
In 1960, it started from Paris to Vintimille only. In 1968, it had new cars. In 1976 they took off the wellknown bar car, and Blue train started to go down.
In 1980, they changed the luxury sleeping cars for ordinary, and in the following years they took off the restaurant car and so on.
Blue train stopped in 2007.